How Much Money Do YouTubers Make In South Africa?
According to a well-researched article by MintLife, in the US YouTubers make around $18 per 1, 000 ad views that’s $3 -$5 per 1000 views. That would mean if you were to have 1 million views at $5 per 1000 then you would make $5000 and if you convert that to Rands at the current rate of R15 per dollar you would make more than R70,000 Rands.
Here is a revenue calculator by Google Adsense: https://www.google.com/adsense/start/#calculator
However, this calculator is not accurate, it is an estimator and it doesn’t help much because Europe, Middle-East, and Africa and grouped in one. Youtubers in the United States and Europe make more than those of South Africa.
In the United States, Youtubers make around $18 per 1, 000 ad views that’s $3 -$5 per 1000 views. That would mean if you were to have 1 million views at $5 per 1000 then you would make $5000 and if you convert that to Rands at the current rate of R15 per dollar you would make around R75,000 Rands.
Unfortunately, here in South Africa, we don’t get paid like in the US our rate is lower we get paid around $1000 per Million views that’s five times less making our R75,000 become R15,000. But this pay depends on a variety of factors, such as:
- The number of views your video receives
- The number of clicks an ad receives
- Ad quality
- Video length
YouTube does not pay you for subscribers, but they are important. It is also important to remember that YouTube charges the advertiser only after a visitor watches the ad for 30seconds or more.
Ways to make money in the YouTube Partner Program
You can make money on YouTube through the following features:
- Advertising revenue: Get ad revenue from display, overlay, and video ads.
- Channel memberships: Your members make recurring monthly payments in exchange for special perks that you offer.
- Merch shelf: Your fans can browse and buy official branded merchandise that’s showcased on your watch pages.
- Super Chat & Super Stickers: Your fans pay to get their messages highlighted in chat streams.
· YouTube Premium Revenue: Get part of a YouTube Premium subscriber’s subscription fee when they watch your content.
Here are some interesting reads:
How do you become a Youtuber?
With so much money on YouTube its only right we have a quick look at how to become a Youtuber, to my surprise the whole process was very easy, and here is a great website with details: https://www.wix.com/blog/2017/03/how-to-start-a-successful-youtube-channel-for-your-business/
But here is the summary:
- Get a google account, a Gmail address in simple, click here to begin
- Sign into YouTube and click on the user icon at the top right of the screen
- Click on the gear icon to get to your account’s YouTube Settings
- Click on Create a new channel
- Then choose “Use a business or other name”
- Add your Brand name and click create
Simple enough right? Next, you can upload your interesting videos and share them so they can be viewed by thousands of people. Marketing your channel requires a bit of effort, this is where the hard work begins, to help you get started check out this great article by HootSuite.