Tymebank MoreTyme - Zero-Interest Credit
How to get TymeBank MoreTyme
A TymeBank app is all you need to get started. Signing up is free and easy, no paperwork is required. To set it up, you will have to follow the following steps if you are an existing TymeBank customer:
- Step 1: Login into your TymeBank app, if you do not have the app, you may download it for free from App Store, Google Play, or Hauwei Store. Your profile will have to be biometrically verified.
- Step 2: On the app, click on MoreTyme and select “activate” or the “apply” button.
- Step 3: Make sure that your account has the required 50% amount of what you want to buy, this is to cover the first instalment payment. The money can be in your everyday account, a linked debit/credit card, or a combination of both.
- Step 4: Select “pay with MoreTyme” and choose the payment method that matches your checkout/till experience (Bar code / QR code).
If you are not a TymeBank customer, don’t feel excluded, you too can still take advantage of the MoreTyme payment method. You will have to follow these steps:
- Step 1: Download the TymeBank app and use it to open an account. This will only take you 5 minutes to complete.
- Step 2: Once done, click on MoreTyme, then “activate”.
- Step 3: Top your account with half of the purchase amount or link your bank card.
- Step 4: Pay with MoreTyme by clicking on the “pay” option. The first instalment will be paid immediately, and your goods will be yours to take home.
Now that you know how to get MoreTyme, here’s how you can use it.
How to use TymeBank MoreTyme?
One can use this payment method in-store, at the till point. You will need your cellphone and app ready as you will have to generate a MoreTyme payment voucher which is only valid to use within 15 minutes.
Show the payment voucher to the teller to scan, 50% of the amount will come off from your everyday account and your goods will be yours to take home.
The remaining balance will automatically be deducted from your account in 2 instalments 30 days and then 60 days after the day of purchase.
Where can you use TymeBank MoreTyme?
TymeBank has partnered with +600 stores with some of the following leading stores for customers to use their MoreTyme at being:
- Pick n Pay and Pick n Pay Clothing
- Old Khakhi
- The Fix
- Cape Union Mart
You can view the full list of stores that you can use MoreTyme at on the TymeBank app.
Given this easy and quick payment method, one can forget about store accounts with ridiculous interests. MoreTyme is safe to use and protects customers from paying more than the original price and unlike a layby, you get to go home with your goods the same day.
TymeBank came at the right time in South Africa, making it easy and affordable for people to transact conveniently and safely through the stores they trust.
The digital bank has other great services that they offer such the Instant Money Transfer which is by far the most affordable ewallet service in South Africa.