FNB eWallet: How To Send/Withdraw/Reverse eWallet [Easy Guide]
FNB eWallet is the most convenient way of sending money to friends and family members.
FNB allows account holders send money with ewallet, from your banking account to any registered working cellphone number in South Africa.
The best part?
You're able to reverse ewallet should you send money to the wrong number.
Let's get started.
FNB eWallet - Send Money On The Go.
eWallet is the best, efficient, most used method of sending money in South Africa.
The service allows FNB clients send money to a cellphone number, and the money can be accessed instantly, at any FNB atm.
You can send an ewallet of up to R3,000.00 per day when using the mobile app or online banking. And up to R1,500.00 using Cellphone Banking or FNB ATMs.
It's only going to cost you R10.95 for transfers less than R1,000.00. And R13,95 for any amount over R1,000.00 to R3,000.00.
That's the most cost-effective way of sending money to family.
It gets even better.
The person you're sending the money to, don't need to have an FNB account in order to receive the money. They only need a working cellphone number together and the pin to withdraw cash.
Here's how it works:
Sending an eWallet is fairly simple.
- As an account holder, follow these steps to send FNB eWallet:
- Access online banking, mobile app, atm or cellphone banking;
- Choose to send money;
- The select ewallet;
- Enter the cellphone number you want to send the money to;
- Choose whether the app should provide the pin to the recipient or not;
- Enter the amount you'd like to send;
- Confirm and complete the transaction
To withdraw money, the receiver needs to visit any of the nearest FNB atm.
On the screen, they need to choose cardless services
- Select 'eWallet Services'
- Key in your cellphone number and select 'Proceed'
- Key in the ATM PIN you received via SMS
- Select the amount you want to withdraw
- Take your cash
- Make sure your transaction has ended or that you select 'Cancel' before leaving the ATM.
You might be wondering...
Can you reverse an eWallet?
Do you want to know how to reverse ewallet sent to the wrong number?
There's nothing more frustrating than transferring a lot of money to the wrong number. However, FNB eWallet reversal is very simple with cellphone banking.
Here's how you can cancel ewallet:
- Dial *120*321# on your mobile phone
- Select alternative 4 for "Send Money" Next
- Select alternative 5 for "eWallet reversal"
- Select the transaction that you want to reverse.
Thus far, that's the only you can quickly reverse ewallet.
There are no options to reverse ewallet on the app or online - unfortunately.
For further assistance, you must call the eWallet call centre on 087 575 9405 to reverse the money.
Please note there may be a charge when requesting a reversal. If that (wrong-) person had already collected the money, unfortunately, FNB will not be held responsible and does not guarantee you'll get your money back.
Alternatively, visit the FNB's eWallet page on the website at www.fnb.co.za to read more.